Whether communicating digitally or in person, it helps to understand different communication styles. This can lead to even better conversations and help avoid misunderstandings. Communication is a work of art. Although not everyone communicates the same, there are two main communication styles that people tend to adopt, Aesthetic or Pragmatic.
What Communication Style Are You?
1. Aesthetic: “It’s not what you said, it’s how you said it.”
- You look for the meaning behind what’s said.
- You enjoy verbal messages of appreciation.
- You prefer memorable or good experiences.
When Talking to an Aesthetic Person: You need to give affirmations, Use encouraging language, be aware of vocal tone, inflection, and nonverbal cues.
2. Pragmatic: “Here’s the bottom line.”
- You are motivated by practical, tangible things.
- You focus on the words people say, rather than the intent.
- You take criticism well
When Talking to a Pragmatic Person focus on the bottom line, keep messages short, and be direct.
How To Manage Your Style:
- Set clear goals with tangible results.
- Celebrate getting results.
- Reward yourself for leading effective conversations
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Driftwood Realty Group offers an innovative approach to Real Estate. The role of our Agents doesn’t stop at the end of each transaction. As your trusted Real Estate Advisors, we provide concierge service for our customers before, during, and after the sale. Our Advisors perform at the top of their market and keep positive relationships with happy customers.