The St. Johns County Commission voted unanimously Tuesday to change the county’s Land Development Code to account for short-term rentals.
Among those new regulations are:
- Operators have to register their rental properties with the county.
- Only ten people are allowed per rental, not counting children 12-years-old or younger. This limit will be phased in over three years.
- There must be at least one garbage can for every four guests.
- They have until Nov. 5 to do so and the registration will have to be renewed each year.
- There has to be at least one parking spot for every three guests.
- The first violation will yield renters a warning. After that, the county can impose citations and fees.
Any more questions? Are you looking for a short-term rental? Give Driftwood Realty Group a call and we can refer you to an amazing renter!