Whether you’re saving for retirement, a down payment on a home or kids’ higher education, these saving strategies will help you get your funds to where they need to be.
- What are you saving for?
- Determine your short-term, mid-term and long-term goals.
- Set a timeline.
- How much will you save and when will you need it?
- Build your savings plan.
- Calculate a monthly savings amount for each goal.
- Create a budget.
- Add the total monthly savings goals to your budget. If it’s more than you can afford, consider making a few cuts, adding extra income or choosing a higher-yield savings vehicle.
5. Create an emergency fund
- An emergency fund is money you set aside specifically to pay for unexpected expenses. To get started, $500 to $1,000 is a good goal.
- Once you meet that goal, you’ll want to expand it so that your emergency fund can cover larger financial difficulties, like unemployment.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
Driftwood Realty Group offers an innovative approach to Real Estate. The role of our Agents doesn’t stop at the end of each transaction. As your trusted Real Estate Advisors, we provide concierge service for our customers before, during, and after the sale. Our Advisors perform at the top of their market and keep positive relationships with happy customers.