County: St. Johns County
Home Types: Gated, single-family homes
Schools: PVPV Elementary K-5, Landrum Middle 6-8, Ponte Vedra High School 9-12
Tucked away between the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway is the Sawgrass Players Club. Part of the Ponte Vedra community, this area offers luxurious real estate options to those seeking the resort lifestyle. Sawgrass Players Club homes for sale include over 1,900 home sites of single-family homes, patio homes, and condominiums.
The TPC Club was born from the dream of dream of former PGA Tour Commissioner Deane Beman to create a special and unique host site for The Players Championship, then called the Tournament Players Championship, in the late 1970’s. The event was the only one owned by players of the PGA Tour, and Beman’s vision was that this permanent host club would be, too. Beman found cooperation from Jerome and Paul Fletcher, major landowners in the Ponte Vedra Beach area. They believed in the dream so much that they eventually sold 415 acres of wooded wetlands and swamp to the PGA TOUR for $1. You can see this $1 bill framed in the clubhouse. Sawgrass Players Club now sits on 1,200 acres and was developed by James Stockton Jr. in 1972. There are now 16 neighborhoods within the community, each with its own unique setting.
The Sawgrass Players Club community has many amenities for its residents. With two swimming pools, basketball courts, soccer fields, and a baseball diamond, sports fanatics have plenty to choose from. The community also features a large, fully equipped playground, a sizable open field that is suitable for many kinds of activities, and a covered pavilion.
If academic excellence is on your list of important features, Sawgrass Players Club is zoned for a highly regarded school district. Or if recreation and fun fits your lifestyle, there are plenty of options as well since this community is so close to the beach, shopping, and restaurants.
The TPC Sawgrass is one of the most famous and prestigious country clubs in the US, offering two championship golf courses – The Stadium Course, Home of The Players Championship (TPC) Golf Tournament, and Dye Valley Course (commonly called the Valley Course), host of the Web.com Tour Championship. The PGA Tour Headquarters and Training Facility is also located at the TPC Sawgrass.
THE PLAYERS Sawgrass Clubhouse
The modern Mediterranean-style, 77,000 square foot clubhouse at TPC Sawgrass is a famous centerpiece for the club, providing TOUR-standard hospitality to members and guests. Throughout the common areas you’ll find artwork and historical artifacts showcasing the rich history of Golf, it’s players, as well as the PGA Tour. There are also many different public and private meeting rooms throughout the facility, that can cater to events from a intimate gatherings to weddings or events with over 1,000 in attendance. The TPC Pro shop is one of the largest in the area and features a large selection of golf gear and accessories to satisfy any player’s needs.
Two restaurants are on the property, named “Nineteen” and “Traditions”.
Nineteen has been rated one of the top 25 restaurants in Northeast Florida and features a creative array of freshly prepared American and Continental cuisine in a warm, inviting atmosphere. The 2,550 square-foot restaurant’s outdoor veranda offers panoramic views of the expansive presentation lawn and both the 9th and 18th holes. Nineteen is open to the public for casual dining breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week from 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
Traditions offers a fine-dining experience open to the public for lunch and exclusively to Members for dinner.
TPC Sawgrass Stadium Course
The TPC Stadium Course is the #1 ranked golf course in the State of Florida. The famous Island Hole #17 has an iconic reputation in the Golf world. The Championship tees stretch the Stadium Course to 7,215 yards, the blue tees measure 6,661 yards and the white tees are at 6,103. The forward, or ladies’ tees are at 5,109 yards.
TPC Dye Valley Course
First opening in 1987, The Dye Valley Course has been hosting the Web.com Tour Championship since 2013. Course distance ranges from 5,126 from the Women’s tees up to 6,847 yards from the back tees.
Subdivisions in Sawgrass TPC that offer a variety of living styles include:
- Vicar’s Landing (Retirement Community) – Vicars Landing is one of the finest retirement communities in the country.
- Bridgewater Island (Single Family Homes) – Though Bridgewater Island is one of the smaller neighborhoods with only 39 homes ranging from 1,800 SF-2,400 SF, it packs quick an impressively landscaped entryway overlooking a lagoon. Over half of the homes in Bridgewater Island back up to Water.
- Oak Bridge (Single Family Homes) – Oakbridge is an enclave of single-family homes located in the Northeastern side of the Sawgrass Players Club community. Oakbridge is both the largest and the oldest community within Sawgrass Players Club, showcasing 354 homes. Many homes in Oakbridge back up to either water or the Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club course.
- Water Oak (Single Family Homes) – Water Oak was one of the first neighborhoods developed inside the Sawgrass Players Club community. The subdivision showcases 83 homes under a dense Oak canopy and is walking distance to both the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse and Sawgrass Village Shopping Mall. Drive over the unique cobblestone bridge and relax and enjoy a shaded lake view from the gazebo that residents enjoy with a park atmosphere. Most homes in Water Oak overlook water, and a handful of residents have homes overlooking Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club Course.
- Players Club Villas (Condominiums) – Players Club Villas in the only condominium development inside TPC Sawgrass, and showcases 101 two and three bedroom condominium residences ranging from 1,480 SF-2,400 SF. Nearly every condo unit in the community is overlooking the lake, and feature over water decks, private patios or large screened porches to enjoy the views. The Residents inside Players Club Villas enjoy a private community pool and pool house with restrooms.
- Lake Side (Single Family Homes) – Lake Side is a small peninsula of 27 homes that is located directly off TPC Blvd and is just steps to the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse and Golf courses. Every lot in Lake Side overlooks the interconnecting lake system that engulfs Sawgrass Players Club. Homes in Lakeside range in size from 1,700 SF-2,300 SF.
- Sawgrass Island (Single Family Homes) – Sawgrass Island is an exclusive section of only 56 of the largest homes and lots located off Seven Mile Drive, featuring showcase properties. Each estate is built on a lot averaging one acre in size and overlooks either the TPC Valley Course, or the famous TPC Stadium Course.
- Cypress Creek (Single Family Homes) – Cypress Creek is an enclave of 227 single family homes centrally located in TPC Sawgrass Community. On the North end of the community is Players Park, the main park area for Sawgrass Players Club, featuring a playground and pavilion, sand volleyball court, soccer field, baseball field and a full-size basketball court. Over 60% of the homes in Cypress Creek are backing water, with a handful of homes backing up to Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club golf course.
- Sawgrass Pointe (Single Family Homes) – Sawgrass Pointe, commonly referred to as 7 Mile Drive, or 7 Mile, features an entrance with a water feature, fountains, and picturesque landscaping. The hillside 7-mile drive is surrounded by golf fairways and beautiful homes on both sides of the road.
- The Coves is a section of three different subdivisions of single-family homes located in the Northeast section of Sawgrass Players Club. Because of their distinct cluster location and common entrance, residents and locals will typically just group the three neighborhoods together as “The Coves”. Anchoring the three neighborhoods together is the Sawgrass Players Club Community Pool, which features a lap pool and kiddie pool, large parking area, as well as a covered pavilion with grilling area and restroom facilities. The pool and amenities center offers a great retreat for residents to enjoy and is overlooking a large lagoon. Of the total 192 single family residential homes located throughout The Coves, over 80% of the homes are overlooking the interconnected waterways. Only one small street inside Waters Edge does not offer water views. Over 30 homes inside The Coves offer water to golf views, overlooking the TPC Dye Valley Course.
- The Coves-Hammock Cove (64 Single Family Homes)
- The Coves-Waters Edge (80 Single Family Homes)
- The Coves-North Cove (52 Single Family Homes)
- Cypress Bridge (Single Family Homes) – Cypress Bridge is the first community you see if entering from the North (back) gate of Sawgrass. Through the entrance and bridge, is a small enclave of 53 homes. Homes were built between 1985 and 2000, and are an average size of 3,000 SF, all backing to water views.
- Turtleback Crossing (Patio homes/villas) – Turtleback Crossing is located on two separate streets, Turtleback Trail and Loggerhead Lane. With 92 town homes, residents enjoy their own community pool with cabana. The neighborhood is located adjacent to Players Park, featuring a playground and pavilion, sand volleyball court, soccer field, baseball field and a full-size basketball court.
- Salt Creek (Single Family Homes) – The Salt Creek neighborhood is one of the largest subdivisions in the Sawgrass Players Club and the most recently built. Salt Creek showcases 175 single-family homes, ranging from about 2,000 SF-4,000 SF in size. The entrance to Salt creek is a scenic long entrance with a canopy of century oaks and pristine landscaping. Homes in Salt Creek are situated on large, lushly treed lots, some near an acre in size, and mostly overlooking waterways, the Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club Course, or both. The neighborhood is designed so that no home backs directly up to another, offering a more private setting for residents.
- Bermuda Court (Patio homes/villas) – Bermuda Court is a small peninsula of patio homes ranging from 1,100 SF-1,600 SF in size, completely surrounded by water and many of the homes backing up to Ponte Vedra Golf and Country Club golf course.